Connecting your form to Campaign Monitor
By connecting your form to Campaign Monitor, you can add any submissions you receive straight to Campaign Monitor as a subscriber.
This article will explain how to connect your form to Campaign Monitor.
* Note: to integrate a form with Campaign Monitor you MUST collect an e-mail address.
Firstly, on the Connect page of the form builder, choose Campaign Monitor from the list and click Connect.
If you haven't added a Campaign Monitor account before, a form will appear (if you have already added an account, a list of your Campaign Monitor accounts will display instead).
The form has a couple of fields:
- Account Name - This is just for your reference so you can separate one account from another.
- Campaign Monitor API Key - Your Campaign Monitor API key
Once you are ready, click Add Account. You will be taken to the Settings page.
The Settings page is where you can choose how Campaign Monitor will handle your form submissions.
The options are:
- Client - A dropdown menu to choose which client from your Campaign Monitor account holds the list you wish to add subscribers to. This will automatically populate with the clients in your Campaign Monitor account.
- Subscriber List - A dropdown menu to choose which list from your Campaign Monitor account you wish to add new subscribers to. This will automatically populate with the lists available for the Client you chose in the field above. This option may initially say 'List not found' until you choose a Client.
Beneath these options you will find the field mappings:
On the left is the field as it is in CreateForm, in the dropdown menu is the field you want to link to in Campaign Monitor. CreateForm will try to map certain fields automatically, but you will need to check that these are correct.
When you are done click Save
That's it! Your form is now connected to Campaign Monitor. Because each form and each Campaign Monitor account is different, we highly recommend that you test the integration by filling out your own form several times to ensure all the data goes to the place you want it.